Data Manipulation Language (DML)
- DML Stands for Data Manipulation Language.
- DML statements are used for managing data within schema objects. Some examples:
- SELECT – Retrieve/Select data from the database
- This command is used to fetch/get a result set of records from a table.
Syntax :- Select * from TableName
- INSERT – insert data into a table
- This command is used to add records to a table.
Syntax :- Insert into TableName (Colmn1,Colmn2,…..) values (Value1,Value2,…..)
Insert into StudemtMst (Name,Pincode) values (‘Meera’, ’383315′)
- UPDATE – updates existing data within the table
- This command is used to edit/Update the records of a table.
Syntax :- Update Table TableName set Colmn1=’Values’
Update Table StudentMst set Name=’Meera’ and Pincode=’383315′
- DELETE – deletes records from the table.
- This command is used to remove/delete records from a table.
Syntax :- Delete from TableName;
Delete from StudentMst where ID=’5′