Web based application:
– Web application can be access from anywhere in the world through the internet.
– Web application run on web server (usually IIS and Apache)
– We need to use Browser to run web application.
– It is a computer software application that is coded in a browser-supported language (such as HTML, ASP, PHP, Perl, Python etc.)
– Webservices & Websites (ASP.NET) are typical web applications.
– Web applications are very much useful when they are hosted.
Windows based Application:
– Windows based application need to be installed on your machine to access.
– A program that is written to run under Microsoft’s Windows operating system.
– Windows applications run on personal computers and work stations.
– Windows applications (desktop) need to be installed on each client’s PC.
– Windows application runs faster than Web application.