Session.Clear() and Session.Abandon()
we learnt about session object and session timeout properties from our previous asp.net post. Now, in this asp.net tutorial we learn about session.clear and session.abandon method in detail.
- Session.Abandon() method used to destroys the session by generating a Session_End event
- Session.Abandon() method used to destroy the current session.
- It is same things to dispose of an object.
- It trigger Session_End event Global.asax.
- Session.Abandon() method clear occupied memory location.
- Session.Clear() used to just clears all values of session without destroying it.
- It is same things to assigning null value to a variable.
- It doesn’t trigger Session_End in Global.asax.
- Session.Clear() method just clear session values.